In today’s conditions, environmental and sustainability approaches urges and makes using resources in the most efficient way a necessity rather than a preference in the cycle
of production and consumption. Sustainability today not only covers supply and production phases, but it also covers all processes from consumption to recycling and efficiency of this processes and effects to the environment. As Silkar, we remind ourselves about the importance to keep a liveable planet to the future generations. At this point, while abiding the local and international regulations, we are aware that with small changes, we have the ability of saving natural resources and keeping cycle of life intact.
• We regain our water by purifying 99% of
our waste water.
• We do not use electrical energy in using our
treated water in the plant.
• We collect hazerdous wastes separately
from other wastes, recycling/regaining the
materials, first at the licensed company, and
disposing of them if this is not possible.
• We take care to see that sizes produced
create a minimum of waste.
• We use our marble wastes at our mosaic
plant as raw materials.
• For every quaryy we open, we contribute to
the Ministry of Forestry's afforestation efforts.
• Our Dark Olive quarry is honored with "the
most environmentalist company" award in